When you start online dating, you will need to start conversations with members that you may be interested in. Sometimes this can be hard and you may wonder how to go about breaking the ice. The most important aspect to using icebreaker questions is ensuring that they do not only allow you to gain an interesting perspective on the other member but also engage them in conversation. Here are 5 of the best.
- Where was the “photo” shot? If you notice a photo on their dating profile that caught your attention, you can send them an icebreaker question asking them about where it was taken. This engages them in conversation. However, do ensure that your question sticks to where the photo was taken and not with how “taken” you are with the photo. If you do the latter, it might make you seem too facetious.
2. What is your best part of the day: morning, day, or night? This icebreaker question allows you to gain insight into the type of person they are. Often, when they respond, they will give you their preference with a reason why. When you learn the time of day preference and a reason why it will give you the opportunity to expand on this question by discovering more about the types of activities they enjoy.
3. If you were stuck on a deserted island and have only one choice item that you can have, what would it be? This makes them really think. The response to this again will give you a fantastic idea as to the type of person you are communicating with. Will they choose an item that is more personal to them or will they choose an item that is more materialistic? Either way, you can have fun with this and possibly discover something about this person that is more intimate.
4. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would they be? This is another icebreaker question that will enable you to gain a lot more of a perspective on your potential match. It will make them think before answering. They may answer the icebreaker question on a more lighthearted level or possibly go even deeper with their answers. You will gain much-needed insight and will also instigate a very interesting conversation.
5. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? This icebreaker question makes them look back into their childhood and enables you to gain a deeper knowledge of them as a person. When they recollect their childhood, they can share something with you that you could either relate to or gain more insight about. Either way, you will be able to converse about something that may lead to more relevant details about this person. Clearly, the more details you have, the better you will be able to decide if this person is the match for you.
Icebreaker questions are among the best ways of starting a conversation with another member of a dating site. Asking icebreaker questions that can both break the ice and also give you deeper insight into the type of person that you are communicating with will help the matchmaking process a lot.